Apr 14, 2009

5:55 AM

After missing most of the current season, Ruud van Nistelrooy believes that he will recover from his long-term injury to play at the start of next term.


Real Madrid's Ruud van Nistelrooy believes that he will be fit and ready to play again at the start of the news season after missing the majority of the current campaign through injury.

The Dutch striker suffered a knee injury in November when he damaged cartilage and surgeons stated that he would be out of action for between six and nine months.

"I think I will be able to return to training in a month. It feels good and I am optimistic," he told Marca.

"I'm looking forward to kicking a ball again and playing a match.

"I will have to wait until next season, but I am very enthusiastic and very motivated," he added.

0 comments: